Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Module 3: W3C Validator and Copyright

W3C Validator: This is a standards organizations www.w3.org for testing the validity of webpage. I have used this webpage to test validate my first webpage but it didn’t match, I’m not sure why this is happen. I guessed it might because to the tags on the picture that I used which caused the trouble. The troubles seem to be relating to display.

About copyright: The law of copyright seem to be everywhere nowadays; you must reference everything which is make difficulties to the students as they can face of charges for copyright. This copyright made me confused, because I had used Curtin Logo for my first webpage, as I read on the discussion, some of fellow students said it’s alright if we used the logo for our task and we need to delete it after finishing the course. Last I have changed my mind I didn’t use the logo, only the text CURTIN. Because I read on the webpage: http://www.muresk.curtin.edu.au/local/docs/vhconditions.doc about “Advertising and Use of Curtin logo. We have to ask authorisation and release of the Logo. The Logo as a registered trademark is protected from unauthorised use. The Logo may only be released for use by another agency, upon approval of the Director, University Marketing.
Requests for the use of the Logo must be addressed to the Director, University Marketing in writing. In making a case the applicant for the use of the Logo must state:
the purpose of the use of the Logo,
the proposed format of the use of the Logo,
The date(s) or periods when the Logo will be used.
Permission to use the Logo is usually granted within two days of lodging the request. The Director University Marketing must sight and approve the artwork where the Logo is to be applied. Approval or further requests for alteration is usually granted within two days of lodging the artwork.” http://www.muresk.curtin.edu.au/local/docs/vhconditions.doc

No comments: