Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Module 4: Boolean Searching Task



I found that the Boolean logic very interesting. For this task I still used Google search engine. I still used the keyword Netiquette and add another keyword that relevant to the first keyword "Behaviour" and "Manner".



These are the results when I used Boolean logic Netiquette OR Behaviour OR Manner:










These are the results when I used Netiquette AND Behaviour AND Manner:






Boolean Searching get more options for searches, by using exact keywords or in fact skipping some words enable a search to get you closer to the exact category of site you are seeking. This is my first experienced used Boolean Searching.
So to gain the biggest number of hits relating to the keyword I would use ‘OR’, with ‘OR’ logic the more records we can retrieve. (Boolean Searching on the Internet, 2008)

To get information most relevant to what I actually wanted to look for, I will use the ‘NOT’ logic, it’s excludes records from your search results. (Boolean Searching on the Internet, 2008)

No comments: