Thursday, February 26, 2009

Module 4: Evaluating the Web

Whew…. I have to review my sources and I decided to write this annotation on “Ian J. Lee” Virtual Reference in an Australian academy library via searching Yahoo Search.
My annotation:
This article is examining the Virtual reference in an Australian academic library by using qualitative and quantitative analyses of e-mail and chat transcripts. As such it is not meant to provide a complete analysis of the online librarian service.I feel that this article is very informative to support my essay because in this article a number of quantitative and qualitative measures were taken, it also has some discussions and shows the comparison of the use and usage of e-mail and chat virtual reference, question type across e-mail and chat virtual reference and differences in word number in e-mail and chat.
This article was last updated in June 2004, so is relatively current.

No comments: